SISF Community & Family Programme
The Big Scottish Story Ripple
Wednesday 12 October – Wednesday 30 November
Schools and community groups can apply for fully funded storytelling sessions delivered by a Scottish Storytelling Forum professional storyteller, we cover the cost and in return, applicants offer a good deed back to their community on or before St Andrew’s Day (30th Nov) – continuing the ripple of kindness!
Last year 20 local areas across Scotland took part, accumulating to 130 Storytelling events in total. This year, The Big Scottish Story Ripple hopes to make an even bigger splash with more events and more acts of kindness happening across Scotland.
We aim to offer financial support to all those that apply. However, if there is an over subscription, we will operate on a first come, first served basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible and before the deadline of Monday 12 September at 5pm.
– One storytelling session or workshop = 60mins. The SSF will cover the costs of each successful 1hr event.
– An applicant can make a maximum of two registrations per organisation. However, if we are over-subscribed we may only be able to offer 1 fully funded session per organisation or school.
– If groups would like to book a storyteller for additional sessions on top of their successful allocation, the remaining booking fees must be paid by the community group or school. All information on storytelling fees can be found here: https://www.storytellingforum.co.uk/bookingrates/
– Events can be held digitally or in small live local gatherings that adhere to Covid-19 guidelines at the time of the event.
– Community groups and schools must cover travel costs if there is an excess of £5.
– Registrations close Monday 12 September.
– Final information on Big Scottish Story Ripple registered events and supporting good deeds must be submitted by Monday 26 Sep.
You can register here.
For more info, please get in touch by emailing [email protected]